Operation Genesis Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMEP V2

4 posters

Go down

PMEP V2 Empty PMEP V2

Post by Mamenchi Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Okay guys here's the new thread for the realisation of the PMEP V2!

Before starting to discuss about the mod and asking for a release date keep in mind that this mod won't come out for a while, so it'll take time!XD

First of all I want to make perfectly clear that we're trying to make this new version compatible with the previous one: in this way you can have as many behaviours as possible!
But keep in mind that the final result could bring changes...

Unlike the previous version, the PMEP V2 will contain not only new skins, but also new models, along with new behaviours and a new environment.

LIST OF THE NEW DINOSAURS

LATE TRIASSIC
Pisanosaurus
Eodromaeus
Chromogisaurus

EARLY JURASSIC
Heterodontosaurus
Scutellosaurus
Syntarsus
Melanorosaurus

LATE JURASSIC
Othnielosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spoiler:
Allosaurus
Spoiler:
Camarasaurus
Brachiosaurus
Kentrosaurus

EARLY CRETACEOUS
Deinonychus
Sauropelta
Zephyrosaurus
Tenontosaurus
Spoiler:
Acrocanthosaurus
Sauroposeidon

EARLY CRETACEOUS
Iguanodon
Baryonyx

MIDDLE CRETACEOUS
Ouranosaurus
Spoiler:
Carcharodontosaurus
Spoiler:
Aegyptosaurus
Spinosaurus
Spoiler:

LATE CRETACEOUS
Styracosaurus
Spoiler:
Parasaurolophus
Spoiler:
Corythosaurus
Albertosaurus
Struthiomimus
Triceratops
Pachycephalosaurus
Torosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Ankylosaurus

LIST OF MODIFICATIONS IN PMEP V2
migration mod
opportunistic pack of large carnivores
stress mod in small predators pack
spinosaurids fishing mod
new attack style for carnivores
ambush method for carnivores
new territorial fights for the carnivores
special fights among certain species ( like Acro vs Sauroposeidon )
FslHunt modification
improved camarasaurus defense
special Aegyptosaurus defense
improved ceratopsians wall defense
styracosaurus herding defense behaviour
new models
improved trees
new skies
new grasses
dry and wet season influence
night sky and dawn sky ( no twisters )
no territorial behaviour for most herbivores
only some herbivores do territorial fights ( Cama,Para,Anky)
Constant improvements
Flora density and different species together
High quality terrain
new ambient sounds
new sounds for dinosaurs
new musics
Weather improvements
herbivores spend most of their time eating
herbivore competition mod for food ( Cory and Kentro)

DEMONSTRATIONS

Experimental new fight between Acrocanthosaurua and Sauroposeidon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoifZwJkFt8&feature=youtu.be

That's all for now, remember that this is still a work in progress and that the final result could be completely different from the actual one: some features could be deleted and new ones could be added!
Please remember not to rush the release and feel free to make all the suggestions you want to improve the mod: we'll see if they are possible, but  don't travel too much with your imagination and above all dont' fight over the behaviours! It would be useless to dream or fight for something that could actually never happen!
Keep in mind that the game has its limitations!

This first page of the thread dedicated to the PMEP V2 will be gradually updated as soon as new features are completed, so don't forget to check this page often: you can find something that you didn't read before!XD

The members of the pack are very busy so I apologize in advance for some questions that won't receive and immediate answer!

We hope this new version will satisfy your expectations!
Enjoy:

Last edited by Mamenchi on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Experience : 4778

Back to top Go down

PMEP V2 Empty Re: PMEP V2

Post by jpogskinfan Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:51 pm

I Played Version 1 Before So I Will Try It Out when It Comes Out
jpogskinfan
jpogskinfan

Experience : 3639

Back to top Go down

Post by jpogskinfan Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Oh By Way Great Mod Smile
jpogskinfan
jpogskinfan

Experience : 3639

Back to top Go down

Post by RaptorEffect Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:49 am

You crazy fella, well done.
RaptorEffect
RaptorEffect
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7687

http://www.moddb.com/members/raptorgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigarodontosaurio. Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello, I wonder if they keep working on this?

Gigarodontosaurio.

Experience : 3189

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamenchi Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Yes of course, we are still working on this expansion pack!
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigarodontosaurio. Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 am

thanks
posdata: great skin.

Gigarodontosaurio.

Experience : 3189

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamenchi Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Alright now, here's the first video about the Middle Cretaceous ecosystem for PMEP V2... I've been very busy in this period and I still am, so I don't have much time to dedicate to JPOG. In any case I've managed to upload the first part of the video, so that you can begin to see what the mod looks like. The next parts will be uploaded as soon as I have free time.
I'm sorry for the bad quality of the video, but to accelarate the uploading process, I had to sacrifice quality a little... Sad
While you watch the video, pay attention to the new sounds, especially those of the environment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHyk5eWFog

Now let's comment this video a little, just to clear things up:

1) Footsteps: Why don't the footsteps of the dinosaurs sound like those rumbling bumps in Jurassic Park? Well, it's a question of logic: if a five tons african elephant walks almost silently through the african savannah, why should a 4-6 tons Carcharodontosaurus make the Earth tremble? Same thing goes for Spinosaurus and Ouranosaurus... maybe sauropods might be an exception to this rule but still they won't certainly make the ground shake!

2) The sounds of the ambience: as you can see, these sounds are very characteristic and are the ones that transport you into the Mesozoic world, so they are the most important ones! I made them calm and most of all a little more quiet, not like in the vanilla JPOG, where there are some sounds that really annoy you to the point of wanting to turn them off for good!
Each ecosystem will have different ambience sounds: in the Middle Cretaceous you can hear mostly the wind, the grass, the trees, and some sounds of animals from very far away to give a minimum of communication between the various creatures of the world.
You can also hear birds from time to time, but not that much, since birds were not so common back then. And still I gave them a part here!
In the next ecosystems, those of the late Cretaceous, animals like Gorgosaurus and Tyrannosaurus will certainly have more birds to listen to.

3) The sounds of the dinosaurs: well, following the previous discussions, I made sure that dinosaurs would fill their environment with a more reptile-like variety of sounds!
Ouranosaurus' distress call at 00:31 is a simple hiss, but it has been deepened: I'm sure reptiles as big as dinosaurs could produce very low hisses, due to their sizes. It's the same difference between the hiss of a little lizard and that of a huge saltwater crocodile!
The roars of Spinosaurus are instead a combination of hisses and crocodile-like growls.
Carcharadontosaurus will get more attention in the next parts.
You can also see that, unlike the vanilla JPOG, the animals don't spend all their time roaring, but they use their calls only when necessary. You can see this feature better with Ouranosaurus. Reptiles tend to be mostly silent animals after all and use their sounds only when they have to.

4) The behaviour of the dinosaurs: as you can see, the video starts at the beginning of the dry season, when food and water are still available, before the real drought takes them away. Carcharodontosaurus still manages to hunt and kill Ouranosaurus thanks to the trees that give it a nice cover to perform an ambush. Speaking of ambush, it will be seen better later... The swamp of Spinosaurus, on the contrary, is beginning to dry up... only little streams and river remain, and the predators are starting to feel the pressure: one of the Spinosaurus is forced to fight the other to keep the territory all to itself!
You can see that Spinosaurus don't fight one in front of the other anymore: they turn to their side and use their sail to appear bigger than they really are in order to scare the opponent.    

In the next episode we'll see what happens when the drought transforms the landscape and forces the animals to extreme behaviours. I will make and upload the video as soon as I have free time.
In the meantime feel free to comment and ask questions if you want!
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down