Operation Genesis Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus

+6
Tyrannodude123
Spinosaurus marocannus
peios
RessurectedSpinosaur
MrGorsh
Spino77
10 posters

Go down

Which skin is better?

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Vote_lcap140%Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]
Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Vote_lcap160%Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 20

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Empty Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus

Post by Spino77 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 am

heres some skins that arent that great and real old (they were both made before my series Prehistoric)
First ones an fantasy "Eastern" species of Acrocanthosaurus that was going to be used in the first episode of Prehistoric but was replaced with the Deinonychus plot.

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Simjp_47

Acro Link

And heres the Primeval Spinosaurus featured in Prehistoric:

Spino Link

enjoy! and do your job Gorsh
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Experience : 9335

Back to top Go down

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Empty Zomg a critique D:

Post by MrGorsh Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 am

First, Spinosaurus. There are very few referrences for Primeval spinosaurus which means it would be a pain in the arse. But of what I see on the skin, the texture on the lower parts of hind legs and whole arms (maybe the neck too ) is very scaly and layed at the strange angle, which gives this spinosaurus not very nice impression when you see into the details, zooming in closely. The body part is layed nicely, so is the sail and the tail. I can see that you have put some effort to make the head look realistic and laid the texture carefully, unfortunately nostrils stick to the very top of the head so it looks like a mix with a whale. There are not many joint issues, the most threatening are the ones on the neck and lower leg patches.
Overall, it's a nice skin and good option for Primeval series fans, but I have some doubts if everyone would use it continously, as there are some annoying little errors injuring the skin.

Second, Acrocanthosaurus. I know this texture and I remember how tricky it can be sometimes to be laid nicely. You did a good job laying it around the dinosaur, it looks naturally and lacks major joint issues - maybe except the upper front part of the thigh. First error is the neck texture. The 'bumps' on source were much smaller on the neck, also you have the scales laid horizontaly, while they should be angled a bit upwards. I can see no ear on the backside of the head. You should also try making new transparency around the Acrocanthosaurus' spine ridge, as with the bumps you have there and the serrations you applied, it looks somehow unnatural and weird.
The skin itself is nicely laid, you should put more work around the neck and head to make it more reallistic. It's also a good option to experiment with new shapes of the transparent parts of the ridge if you want to apply a texture like this.

Final rating from me:
Spinosaurus recieves three stars, you could have done better but it's still usable.
Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Starz
Acrocanthosaurus recieves three and half stars, it's good, but there are some minor errors damaging the final effect.
Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Halfstarw
MrGorsh
MrGorsh
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Experience : 6360

Back to top Go down

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Empty Re: Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus

Post by Spino77 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:14 am

MrGorsh wrote:First, Spinosaurus. There are very few referrences for Primeval spinosaurus which means it would be a pain in the arse. But of what I see on the skin, the texture on the lower parts of hind legs and whole arms (maybe the neck too ) is very scaly and layed at the strange angle, which gives this spinosaurus not very nice impression when you see into the details, zooming in closely. The body part is layed nicely, so is the sail and the tail. I can see that you have put some effort to make the head look realistic and laid the texture carefully, unfortunately nostrils stick to the very top of the head so it looks like a mix with a whale. There are not many joint issues, the most threatening are the ones on the neck and lower leg patches.
Overall, it's a nice skin and good option for Primeval series fans, but I have some doubts if everyone would use it continously, as there are some annoying little errors injuring the skin.

Second, Acrocanthosaurus. I know this texture and I remember how tricky it can be sometimes to be laid nicely. You did a good job laying it around the dinosaur, it looks naturally and lacks major joint issues - maybe except the upper front part of the thigh. First error is the neck texture. The 'bumps' on source were much smaller on the neck, also you have the scales laid horizontaly, while they should be angled a bit upwards. I can see no ear on the backside of the head. You should also try making new transparency around the Acrocanthosaurus' spine ridge, as with the bumps you have there and the serrations you applied, it looks somehow unnatural and weird.
The skin itself is nicely laid, you should put more work around the neck and head to make it more reallistic. It's also a good option to experiment with new shapes of the transparent parts of the ridge if you want to apply a texture like this.

Final rating from me:
Spinosaurus recieves three stars, you could have done better but it's still usable.
Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Starz
Acrocanthosaurus recieves three and half stars, it's good, but there are some minor errors damaging the final effect.
Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus StarzUnreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Halfstarw

Fair nuff, Ive improved from those I think though. Would you agree?
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Empty Re: Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus

Post by MrGorsh Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:15 am

Yes, considering when they were made, you have made some serious progress Razz
MrGorsh
MrGorsh
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Experience : 6360

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 am

MrGorsh wrote:Yes, considering when they were made, you have made some serious progress Razz
haha cheers man Smile
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by RessurectedSpinosaur Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:33 pm

spino77 wrote:heres some skins that arent that great and real old (they were both made before my series Prehistoric)
First ones an fantasy "Eastern" species of Acrocanthosaurus that was going to be used in the first episode of Prehistoric but was replaced with the Deinonychus plot.

Unreleased skins: Primeval Spinosaurus and "Eastern" Acrocanthosaurus Simjp_47

Acro Link

And heres the Primeval Spinosaurus featured in Prehistoric:

Spino Link

enjoy! and do your job Gorsh

these skins are awesome spino77 cheers !! your prehistoric series is cool too
RessurectedSpinosaur
RessurectedSpinosaur
Majungasaurus
Majungasaurus

Experience : 5043

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSpinosaurusRex

Back to top Go down

Post by peios Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:42 pm

very good

peios

Experience : 4661

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinosaurus marocannus Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:45 pm

the primeval spinosaur is very good
Spinosaurus marocannus
Spinosaurus marocannus

Experience : 4611

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrannodude123 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I REALLY like the Acro! very fine details & textures! Very Happy
Tyrannodude123
Tyrannodude123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7128

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxinator Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm

peios wrote:very good
No one or two word post! Read the rules!
Daxinator
Daxinator
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Experience : 8481

Back to top Go down

Post by Carnosaurus Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Man, that Acro is incredible, as I'm seriously going to download that Smile and I've seen a Primeval Spino before, or did you make that one?
Carnosaurus
Carnosaurus
Leaellynasaura
Leaellynasaura

Experience : 4754

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 am

Carnosaurus wrote:Man, that Acro is incredible, as I'm seriously going to download that Smile and I've seen a Primeval Spino before, or did you make that one?
Its mine of course xD look at the sail, its shaped differently to RSRs one. And thanks guys for the great comments Big Grin
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by aristo Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 am

How do you make effects at the Acro feet S77
aristo
aristo
Diplodocus
Diplodocus

Experience : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:07 am

aristo wrote:How do you make effects at the Acro feet S77
the what sorry?
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by velociraptor24 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 pm

charchara looks like acro.
velociraptor24
velociraptor24
Diplodocus
Diplodocus

Experience : 5588

http://raptorfourms.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:27 am

velociraptor24 wrote:charchara looks like acro.
Rhats cause I used MR Acrocanthosaurus textures on the Prehistoric Charchardontosaurus
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by aristo Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:13 am

spino77 wrote:
the what sorry?
I mean how to make colour like light at Acro feet? Did you use dodge tools
aristo
aristo
Diplodocus
Diplodocus

Experience : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:49 am

aristo wrote:
spino77 wrote:
the what sorry?
I mean how to make colour like light at Acro feet? Did you use dodge tools
I just copied the texture on the feet on the picture to mine
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down