Operation Genesis Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack)

+37
Dragranzer
Craveni97
danl
PrimalHeart
Tigrex
Raptor_King
primativeshark
FTKchuuNINJA
velociraptor24
spiderking1008
collin924
Tae mo
Dinosaurtopeasasfasfdsf
MC_JPOG
Velociraptor96
Dr. Thrax
theRaptor
Albert Harrison
IhaveAsillyNickname
Spinofanatic
jplm
Gilberto2168
Tamara Henson
CloneTrooper101
RaptorSpinoRex
Sam
RaptorX
Spino77
MrGorsh
Dryptosaurus
Tyrannodude123
procompsognathus100
derp
jpog rocks
NetRaptor
RaptorEffect
Mamenchi
41 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) Empty PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack)

Post by Mamenchi Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, with great honour I present you the new Expansion Pack for JPOG!!

PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) Logo1_zpsuepipjjy

Here's the trailer and presentation of our new expansion pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywinsdjoHq4&t=3s

I managed to make this a reality thanks to Procompsognathus100, who created amazing new behaviours and mods for the dinosaurs!!!

This new pack also includes new skies, a new type of grass, new sounds ( taken from the bbc series Planet Dinosaur ) and a complete reskin for all the dinosaurs!

Now every dinosaur has its own style and behaviour, so we'll present them together with the new skins:

GALLIMIMUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-03-56-67
DRYOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-08-51-93

These two small herbivores have a new fighting behaviour: they try to hit their rivals with their beaks and rear up to frighten them.

HOMALOCEPHALE
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-04-55-08

Homalocephale will now hit its aggressor with its head, and will fight for territory, like any other herbivore.

PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-06-25-37

Apart from the common headbutt hit, Pachycephalosaurus has a new way of defence: it now tries to scare away its aggressor and if it gets too close it will attack immediately. The territorial behavior has also been modified, to add more realism in the game.

STEGOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-36-42-09
ANKYLOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-37-21-52
KENTROSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-10-04-11

These armed tanks have a new way of defence: while Kentrosaurus simply swings its tail to hit the predator, Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurs have higher chances of killing their aggressor with a powerful attack. In fact they can use their deathduel animation to kill every predator attacking from the front!
Besides, they dispute in a new way: They use their mass to scare their opponent, using at the same time a lot of animations. If the opponent persists in fighting, the other will knock it down with its tail!

PARASAUROLOPHUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-38-28-32
EDMONTOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-42-36-64
CORYTOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-43-29-65
OURANOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-45-55-35

These large herbivores are no more than defenseless herbivores...but they won't flee without a fight! They can now use their large tails to hit every aggressor attacking from behind. Edmontosaurus also uses its head to hit carnivores, and it rears up to crash the smaller ones onto the ground!
They too have a new territorial behaviour: they threaten their opponent by hitting it with their body and using warning signals. Each one of them reacts in a different way when attacked and knocked down by a predator.

CAMARASAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-01-03-86
BRACHIOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-41-56-92

These two huge herbivores now have more defensive capabilities and become very hard prey to kill! Brachiosaurus can now scare away its opponent with its huge mass, and if it doesn't retreat, it rears up to crash it into the ground, crushing it under its weight. Camarasaurus uses almost the same method, but with a difference: it can knock over its aggressor with its massive tail!
Both of them uses threatening displays when fighting for territory.

STYRACOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-08-16-87
TOROSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-44-18-22
TRICERATOPS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0809-40-36-00

These herbivores possess a new amazing defense behaviour: like today's oxen and african buffalo, they stay together to scare away their aggressor and for mutual protection. They create a wall which doesn't allow to the predator to kill one of them. The predator can choose to retreat, or worst, face with an angry herd when getting too close, risking so to be killed. However even if not in a group, an isolated ceratopsian won't be an easy target.
These herbivores too have the possibility of fighting for territory, using threat displays or hitting each other with their heads.

CERATOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-11-36-48
ALBERTOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-14-22-92

These two medium carnivores will be able to grab little prey and shake them until they die. They also attack the sides of larger herbivores repeatedly to weaken them, being able to get an easier meal without many injuries. ALBERTOSAURUS takes advantage of its strong bite force by repeatedly biting its prey to tear off flesh and crush bone to kill it, much like its larger and more powerful relative, the king itself.

VELOCIRAPTOR
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-12-57-30

These small predators will now act in groups to kill every creature that walks nearby. They will also attack small prey together, even if it has been knocked down by a fellow member of the group, for maximum killing effect.

DILOPHOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-13-40-18

These little Jurassic predators, can now spit venom at prey more frequently, killing so the prey faster. They can also latch on larger prey while spitting...

ALLOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-15-24-24

Taking inspiration from Planet Dinosaur, this hunter can now use its jaws like an axe, hitting its prey with its mouth open repeatedly to weaken it. It will also fight for territory like any other large carnivore.

ACROCANTHOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-19-06-66

This big predator will now hit its prey with a powerful bite, ripping off flesh and tearing through muscle, until the prey weakens to the point of being unable to resist for long. They too will fight for territory with other large carnivores.

CARCHARODONTOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-22-54-05

This mighty predator kills its victim without any chance for them to survive. It hit its prey repeatedly and rips apart big chunks of flesh... but it doesn't waste much energy, so after a lot of hits, it will retreat, waiting for the prey to die from blood loss. It will fight for territory too...

SPINOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-16-21-03

This large predator spends the majority of its time near water, ambushing its prey....There is also a chance that it uses its deathduel animation ( the one it uses to kill Trex ) to knock down the prey, using its thick gripping teeth to keep the prey from escaping, while its powerful arms slash the prey apart, killing it instantly. It will also fight for territory.....

TYRANNOSAURUS
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) SimJP2012-06-0810-17-56-92

The king of the cretaceous has its own killing method too... taking inspiration from walking with dinosaurs, it now hits the prey repeatedly with is powerful jaws, crushing bone, killing its prey. It fights for territory as well.....

This modification allows you to play JPOG in a better way when you have the high terrain settings and the water reflection activated.
But keep in mind that this modification can affect in a bad way the camera vision of the game when you play with the medium terrain quality. So, when you play with PMEP, remember to use only the high terrain settings.

For those who have an old computer and can run the game only with medium terrain quality, you don't need this modification. Just keep the old lines in the Constant.ini file, that is these ones:

HIGH_TerrainDrawDistance = 480;
HIGH_SkySegs = 20;
HIGH_SkySlices = 20;
HIGH_SkyHeight = 100;

Then turn the game to "32 bits" from the main menu, otherwise, if the game is at 16 bit, the skins of the dinosaurs won't show up.

In the folder you will download there will be one particular folder called "dds files": those are just the single skins of the dinosaurs, put one by one in case you want to use them with other skins from other expansion packs. This is recommended to people who already know how to put skins in game.
However you actually don't have to put the dds files in the game, they are just an extra: in order to get the skins just insert the "matlibs" ( the skins are already in those files ).
The same thing goes for the "picture folder": you don't need to put it in Data, it's just an extra that contains photos to show you the various skins of the dinosaurs.

All the folders you have downloaded ( except those folders mentioned above, called "dds files" and the photos ) must be put into C:/programs/universal interactive/ Blue Tongue Software / Jurassic Park operation genesis/ JPOG/ Data

Remember to make a backup of your original files, so that if you get tired of this mod, you can always return to what your game was like before.

Before downloading, go to your Constant.ini file, find these lines:

HIGH_TerrainDrawDistance = 480;
HIGH_SkySegs = 20;
HIGH_SkySlices = 20;
HIGH_SkyHeight = 100;

and modify them into this:

HIGH_TerrainDrawDistance = 18000;
HIGH_SkySegs = 100;
HIGH_SkySlices = 100;
HIGH_SkyHeight = 4000;

If you wish to use things from our pack as part of your project, ASK PERMISSION from one of us first.

Now, we present to you, the download link for our modification:

mediafire.com file/xxvxavxp92d4cew/PMEP.rar

We hope you will enjoy your JPOG experience now! Have fun!XD

Note: To activate some of the really new modifications(for large carnivores in particular) please make sure that you install the new Units folder with the Sound folder AND most importantly, the Models folder. Thank you - P100

If anyone has problems, just contact one of us, we'll be glad to help you!

SEE YOU SOON FOR OTHER MODS!!

Last edited by Mamenchi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 10 times in total
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Experience : 4820

Back to top Go down

PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) Empty Re: PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack)

Post by RaptorEffect Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Wheres the link for the download?
RaptorEffect
RaptorEffect
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7729

http://www.moddb.com/members/raptorgod

Back to top Go down

PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) Empty Re: PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack)

Post by Mamenchi Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Wait, I still have to put pictures and link, I'm editing this topic now.
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by RaptorEffect Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Ok, that's a relief to know :phew:
RaptorEffect
RaptorEffect
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7729

http://www.moddb.com/members/raptorgod

Back to top Go down

Post by NetRaptor Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Dude!!!! The best of all of your work! (That is just my opinion) Awesomee
NetRaptor
NetRaptor
Leaellynasaura
Leaellynasaura

Experience : 4992

Back to top Go down

Post by jpog rocks Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Just one thing guys . THIS MOD JUST BEATED OTHERS TO DUST !!!!!!!!!! . Truly AWESOME guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jpog rocks
jpog rocks
Majungasaurus
Majungasaurus

Experience : 4860

Back to top Go down

Post by derp Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 pm

will this work for low quality or medium quality users? Another question why do we need to change things what do they do?
derp
derp

Experience : 4639

Back to top Go down

Post by procompsognathus100 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks all of you for your appreciation of our work.
derp: The environment mods might not work for low and med quality users. Now I believe you're still new to modding JPOG, so I'll tell you:
You need to replace things because the new ones contain all the modifications, and they change much of what happens in the game. For example: you have a file in the Win folder known as TricDfnd. This is the file that controls the behavior of Trikes and other dinosaurs that fight with their horns or head, when they see a predator. The original file only makes them attack predators by charging at them, and nothing else. But if you download the TricDfnd file in our pack, it has all the new behavior we told you about for those dinosaurs that use it. Hope this helped.
procompsognathus100
procompsognathus100
Administrator
Administrator

Experience : 8209

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrannodude123 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:15 am

THESE.....LOOK....AMAZING!!!! 8D
Tyrannodude123
Tyrannodude123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7118

Back to top Go down

Post by procompsognathus100 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 am

Thank you Tyrannodude.
Just gonna tell you that I love your series Dinosauria, and I hope you can use our mods for your upcoming episodes. Smile
procompsognathus100
procompsognathus100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dryptosaurus Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:48 am

AWESOME!!!!! I give it (10/10)

Last edited by Dryptosaurus on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dryptosaurus
Dryptosaurus
Leaellynasaura
Leaellynasaura

Experience : 4505

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrannodude123 Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 am

procompsognathus100 wrote:Thank you Tyrannodude.
Just gonna tell you that I love your series Dinosauria, and I hope you can use our mods for your upcoming episodes. Smile
Oh yes! Of course! I'll make sure of it! These skins are great! & thank you! Very Happy
Tyrannodude123
Tyrannodude123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Experience : 7118

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGorsh Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 am

This can easily be called THE best expansion pack since the GEP came out. Great job guys Smile
MrGorsh
MrGorsh
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Experience : 6350

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 am

P100, this mod is amazing. It surpasses SEP 3, GEP and CC. i think you have more skill then the legendary ERC. Mamenchi, you are one of the few skinners to use high quality tmls and skins. Part of a very short list. And you have shown your one of the best skinners around! Im proud of you two, maybe JP:OGs not quite dead yet Smile I think Mamenchi also deserves the pro skinners rank.
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Experience : 9325

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGorsh Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 am

How come it haven't been done yet? :S Pro skinner right away!
JPOG ain't that dead as people whine.
MrGorsh
MrGorsh
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Experience : 6350

Back to top Go down

Post by RaptorX Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 am

I'm very impressed by what you two have done with the game, I have to say I din't think half these behaviors were even possible Procompso, and the skins look amazing Mamenchi, definately some of your best work. I've already installed the pack and tried out all the animations and I didn't see any bugs so far, but sadly my computer I guess is an older model and can't support the high graphics required for Mamenchi's epic skies and backdrops, and based on what I've seen in the pictures, I'm missing out on A LOT.

The Dryosaurus and Gallimimus "pecking" looks almost something you'd see seagulls doing at a rookery, however, I wish their was some kind of defensive animation for them. Modern day ostriches can cause fatal injuried with their kicks, and I'd expect Ornithomimids and small ornithopods to probobly use the long claws on their feet for just that. Eh, maybe it's an idea for an expantion, but of course, their is probobly no animation for it. Pitty.

The other behaviors you made Procompso are also great, the ceratopsian deffensive behavior is great by what I've seen so far, and the Armored dinosaur attacks are great. I'm most impressed by with the new carnivore attacks though, especially since each attach suits the predator SOOO well. Despite the fact recent scientific studies suggest Brachiosaurs couldn't rear up on its hind legs, the animation is still very good and it looks epic to see it crash down onto it's enemy.

I only have one problem with this pack; the fact the Dilophosaurus still spits venom. In a pack where it seems you spent a lot of hard work trying to make these animals as realistic as possible, I'm somewhat disapointed that the Dilophosaurus still has the unrealistic attack method. I know it is possible to change the animation, as S77, I mean Edge, did it with his Tanycolagreus in the SEP pack. I think it would've been interesting to see some new biting and slashing animations put up, rather than just spitting, although the latching was great.

I'm also somewhat disapointed that the Raptors arent' feathered. We've known large raptors were feathered since ~2007, and I prefer the more realistic Raptors over the "Naked" variety. I know you can't make the feathers on the arms, but recently I've been seeing an increased trend in making feathered raptors with things like DR and PD comming out. I just guess I wish you continued the trend a bit.

I hate to be a stickler for details about a few things I dislike out of a pack full of likes, especially since I know many people who play the game that love the poision animation and the "naked" raptors, but I personally just think it would've been an improvement. Other than that though, you've definately made a breakthrough with this Expantion Pack. It is epic, colorful, realistic, and makes the game fun to play all at the same time.

Perhaps as a comparison, I would consider it an articulated Spinosaurus specimen with skin imprestions and stomach content, but is sadly missing only a few tail vertabrea. The disapointment of the missing tail is FAR outweigheed by the rest of the prize. I can't wait to see what you can both do next, and be sure that I'll be playing with this Pack for the next few days. Wink

P.S. Also, I support the title of Pro Skinner to Mamenchi. I personally think he deserved it quite a while ago, but better late than never. Very Happy

Last edited by RaptorX on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
RaptorX
RaptorX
Diplodocus
Diplodocus

Experience : 5557

http://tyranno-teen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

I've found a few bugs with this.
1. You still have ERCs size mod on it
2. I have no visible water :S
3. And this extremely strange bug when I zoom in and look up:
PMEP (Procompsognathus100 and Mamenchi Expansion Pack) GMSx1

dw bout three sorry, your draw distance needs to be on high
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamenchi Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:48 am

Thank you really guys!!! I appreciated it!! And thank you for giving me the rank of pro-skinner!!! It's good to see that your work is somehow appreciated!

As for your discover, Edge, this happens because the Constant.ini file has been modified... and sadly this is a side effect... in order to eliminate the fog, the far distance has been increased so much, that now it's very difficoult to support that sky without that modification. For this reason the reflex in water has been affected too! I still have to find a way to correct all of this, because I don't like these disadvantages too!

Anyway thank you all again!XD

Last edited by Mamenchi on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamenchi
Mamenchi
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 am

Great Job Work Mamenchi and P101 Very Happy !!
Sam
Sam
Leaellynasaura
Leaellynasaura

Experience : 4795

Back to top Go down

Post by RaptorSpinoRex Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:50 am

Amazing modifications guys! Quality skins and realistic behaviours, splendid!
RaptorSpinoRex
RaptorSpinoRex
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Experience : 9475

http://ogparadise.attivoforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by procompsognathus100 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 am

Thank you all for your compliments!
RaptorX: I understand your issues, but here are some things to tell you:
1. It is impossible to make Galli or Dryo attack with kicks because there is no anim that shows so.
2. Dilopho was originally planned to be non-venomous, but we had to rush some decisions a bit. BTW, I am the one who made Edge's Tanycolagreus attack like that Razz
No offense Edge.
But thanks for your appreciation!
Right now, I am planning to fix the stuff that needs to be fixed..Dilophosaurus will attack without spitting, like what I've done many times before with Ornitholestes, I will remove ERC's size mod which I panicked into the folder....and some more.....
procompsognathus100
procompsognathus100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Spino77 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 am

Nothing there to offend me xD
Spino77
Spino77
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by derp Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:46 pm

i luv this pack so much! i did an african cretaceous island and had this huge herd of ouranosaurus and then come spinosaurs and instead of running in circles they did this amazing stampede down the island
derp
derp

Back to top Go down

Post by derp Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:51 pm

I've been having some troubles replacing sounds. when i replace them they don't seem to change. Any ideas?
derp
derp

Back to top Go down

Post by procompsognathus100 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:55 pm

derp, if you don't mind, I have to tell you that you've just broken a rule. Don't double post ok? So you have less trouble, try using the edit buttion on the right upper side of the post. But for now, since I'm in a good mood, I won't warn you. Just don't do it again ok?
Thank you.

Now first thing, you may be placing it in the wrong folder....try going to your data folder, and copy-paste the sound folder. It should ask if you want to replace files and merge folders. Click yes for all of these. That should work. And thanks dude for the compliment on my "stampede" or "herding" mod!
procompsognathus100
procompsognathus100
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next